All Marines with a rank of E5 and below are housed in adequate Government UH unless authorized to reside off-base due to the unavailability of space (i.e., occupancy at 95% or above).
The following categories of personnel, listed in order of priority, are authorized to occupy UH facilities:
- Unaccompanied personnel who must reside in the UH by military necessity.
- Permanent party military personnel, E5 and below, without a Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) entitlement and those receiving BAH-Differential for family member support.
- Unaccompanied permanent change of station (PCS) students.
- Unaccompanied personnel serving family members-restricted or all other tours of duty in Alaska, Hawaii, and areas outside the U.S.
- Unaccompanied PCS military personnel who are legally separated and receiving BAH “with dependents.”
- Geographical Bachelors (GBs), if UH space is vacant and available after satisfying all requirements for personnel above (space available only). For additional details on GB housing please review Marine Administrative Message 548-17, or contact your local UH housing office.
Unaccompanied Service members with a rank of E6 must obtain approval by the Installation Commanding Officer to live in the community. Unaccompanied Service member with a rank of E7 and above may elect not to occupy Government quarters at the permanent duty station in CONUS and Hawaii locations. In MCIPAC foreign oversea locations, E7s –E9s, W1-W3s and O1-O3s will need to adhere to local policy before receiving overseas housing allowance to reside in the economy.