G-4 Marine Corps Community Services (MCCS)
Marine Corps Community Services (MCCS) provides a comprehensive and effective support system - from recruitment through separation or retirement, which supports readiness, preparedness, fitness, health, and overall quality of life. The center of gravity of Marine Corps readiness is Marines and their families; caring for them is fundamental to the MCCS ethos. MCCS capabilities are delivered through three critical areas: Marine and Family Programs, Semper Fit and Recreation, and Business and Support Services.
To provide COMMCICOM with oversight and accountability for Quality of Life (QOL) programs in order to optimize support to the operating forces, tenant commands, Marines, and family members.
- Establish a primary agent at MCICOM for the accountability of QOL programs, products, services, and resources to COMMCICOM.
- Provide accurate, timely information on QOL activities, strategies, and initiatives within MCICOM on which command decisions will be based.
- Advocate for subordinate command's QOL requirements to HHQ.
Areas of Responsibility
- Advocate for all Regions and SLTIs with higher and adjacent headquarters
- Provide support to COMMCICOM and DC I&L for all MCCS Governance Committees
- Provide support to CG MCIEAST for MCCS Installation Advisory Group
Defense Commissary Liaison
- Coordinate with DeCA on all installation support requirements submitted by the installations to include new commissary request, expanded patron access, and contingency support
- MCICOM G8 provides support for DeCA BOD meetings
- Coordinate with DODEA Operations and Logistics departments for all installation support requirements requiring HQ level coordination
- Serve as the USMC point of contact for all USO initiatives and support requirements
Non-Federal Entity Liaison
- Coordinate with NFEs as required